FEEL: Though the graphics on the cover need to appeal to a middle school student…they can’t be so juvenile-looking that College Admission Officers and Professors of Cello would view this manuscript as “corny.” Would like this book to have a clean, bright design with fresh, vibrant, bold colors.
IMPORTANT: Design should look like it was produced by a National Publisher.
2 THINGS WE DON’T WANT:
1. Cartoonish looking design
2. Juvenile look
-Title: 10 Steps to a Brighter Future
-Subtitle: A Middle School Guide
-Author Info: Samuel James Konkol
-Foreword by Dr. Ben Carson
-Title/Subtitle on top
-Samuel James Konkol on bottom
1. At the very top…. LEARN THE 10 STEPS TO A BRIGHTER FUTURE
2. In his new book, Samuel Konkol leads you step-by-step through the “must-know” topics to create a brighter future. Packed with wisdom and practical knowledge, Sam injects humor, personal stories and writes in a language that middle school students can relate to. The 10 steps are practical, easy to understand and can be immediately implemented by a middle school student.
3. In this helpful and user friendly book you will:
• Learn the 10 critical steps to a brighter future.
• Discover the need to find a hero for inspiration.
• Understand that today matters
• Uncover strategies to speak up.
• Learn how to love math.
• Learn how to apply mastery.
• And much more…
4. Tremendous book! As an educator for over 30 years, this book is spot on. This book should be required reading for all middle school students.
Bottom line? Buy it and read it.
Dr. Neal Gallagher, Princeton University Graduate
5. What a powerful book! I wish this practical guide was available when I was in middle school. It's a must read.
The best middle school guide book I’ve read.
Howard Schieferdecker, Mayor of Maitland Florida
6. Picture and Bio:
Samuel Konkol is a sixteen year old aspiring cellist, entrepreneur, speaker, cello instructor and the author of the book 10 Steps to a Brighter Future—A Middle School Guide. Samuel speaks to and inspires middle school students throughout Central Florida about the benefits for planning for a brighter future. He raised the funding and created a Cello Scholarship Program for elementary students where he teaches group cello lessons on a weekly basis. He placed first in the cello state competition and is in the Precollege Cello Program as Stetson University. Samuel comes from a family of ten children and resides in Orlando, Florida.
7. Barcode & ISBN
8. U.S. $12.95
9. Logo Design for: “Collective Publishing”
NOTE: For each design, please submit 2 FILES: 1) the cover alone; 2) the front, spine & back cover together.
Trim size: 5.25” wide x 6.5” high