Good communication. Fast Delivery. Clear understanding of requirements.
- Farid Najafi
How Xuster started their button or icon journey
We're two guys who are fed up with the mutual fund industry ripping people off with high fees and unjustified fund performance. We want to get people to invest wisely for their retirement and have built a website to help them do this. The site does 3 things:
1. Project for people when they can retire based on their financial info
2. Give data driven advice on how they can retire earlier
3. Give useful alerts on their investment portfolio
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We're targeting the personal investor and initially young professionals that have money to put away for retirement but don't know how. We will roll this out to the large technical companies first. These are smart young professionals that care about their finances.
There are 8 icons that need to be designed:
1. Icon to convey optimizing one's investment portfolio
2. Icon to convey seeing/projecting one's retirement future (like a graph)
3. Icon to convey automatic Alert and Monitoring of one's portfolio
4. Icon to convey Viewing all brokerage accounts in one view
5. Icon to convey Saving on Mutual Fund Fees. "Fees" icon
6. Icon to convey correctly allocating investment. "Asset Allocation" icon (perhaps a pie-chart like icon)
7. Icon to convey Taxes. "Taxes" icon
8. Icon to convey security. "Lock" icon (perhaps a padlock)
Icons should be simple in color and able to be placed against any background (transparent). 2-D or 3-D look ok but not too stylistically shiny. see Mint.com icons for inspiration.