1) Optimal Layout 2) Windowflow
I'm an independent developer producing super useful Mac software, selling a small suite of apps on my website and Apple's new Mac App Store.
I'm looking for TWO ICONS TO BE REDRAWN and refined (not redesigned from initial concept, simply enhancing what is already there by a professional designer (instead of myself!). Please read more below.
This app is simply described as a window switcher. It provides a preview of your windows without having to switch to them.
1) Optimal Layout includes Windowflow features plus a whole lot more to help you get the most out of your screen space.
NOTE: Both icons are similar, not completely different styles.
FREE TRIAL AND SCREENCAST AT:
WHO IS MY CUSTOMER?
At large my target audience is the savvy Mac user who knows intelligent design and seeks out utilities applications to get the most out of their work flow.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Since it's launch last year OL has gone through a lot of changes including it's name, icon, UI and functionality which is why I'm limiting the scope to just refining what's already in place. Hopefully this makes it simpler for you too.
1) Taking the current Optimal Layout icon, redraw/redesign to a professional standard.
2) Taking the current Windowflow icon, redraw/redesign to a professional standard.
3) The menubar icons:
These need to be updated to reflect the app icon design and have a professional finish.
They need to blend in well to the Mac icon menubar and not stand out too much.
This icon should be 17x17 pixels.
4) I'd like the source files for the design, e.g. Illustrator or Photoshop files as well as png exports.
5) The new icon needs to fit in with the best icons on the Mac App Store. If you are running a Mac with the latest OS X update (version 10.6.6) you can view the app store from the Apple Menu. My apps are in utilities category.
6) The app icons should be designed at at least 512x512 pixels, but will typically be viewed much smaller.
I feel the designs need:
* Depth: the icon could have a slight 3-D perspective with an embossed look.
* TEXTURE/COLOUR: better use of textures or base colors to replace the blue and grey.