I am a Consultant Gynecologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer, providing support to women who desire to lose weight after pregnancy. I have extensive clinical experience dealing with women who are overweight and obese and who suffer the consequences of excess weight after childbirth and many years later. My methods of weight management have been exclusively non-medical and non-surgical, though I do see a place for these options.
My work is based on proven scientific principles including nutritional, activity and motivation in guiding clients to a new and lower weight set point. My clinical expertise and experience in women’s health and obstetrics is applied to maximum effect.
My target group is composed of women who want to lose weight after pregnancy; those who believe that their weight problems are directly linked with their pregnancies, recent or otherwise.
These are mostly young, 25-34 year group with College education.
A typical client will exhibit the desire to lose weight in order to regain her figure back, fit into “old clothes” and be herself again. Her challenges are finding time, perseverance and fitting all the demands on her into her day, on top of looking after family. Like all weight challenged people, eating and activity are central, and pregnancy only makes matters worse.
These women seek customized advice, support and guidance particularly on exercise and nutrition that is easily understandable, easy to implement, sustainable and will not impede their breastfeeding.
You can model this landing page as well.
I am looking for a designer to develop a clearly professional Web 2.0 ite that is also gentle and reassuring, offering hope and encouragement in its content and tone, offering “home from home” atmosphere.
Will have the following features
• Prominent and easy sign up and membership, free tools (BMI, BM rate, Waist Hip ratio etc, assessment) , community, blog, store, after pregnancy moms, baby, family, nutrition (meal plans, shopping advice, tracking), activity (personalized fitness plans, tracking, calorie expenditure) and parenting, reporting. (Tools will be provided)
• Weight loss assessment and success prediction tool will be incorporated at some stage (via a link at a later date).
• Survey page on 2nd page rather than home page
• There will be free paid memberships…details yet to be completed.
• links to Twitter account, Facebook page
• Personal blog pages, shared or private – for members with facilities for audio, video, etc.
• Blog to include Section for news updates – (newsfeed selected and customised by keyword).