I need you to deliver me a a new site frontpage, category and post page. I'd like you to spend most of your time on getting the frontpage right though.
These elements need to stay:
- The MIR logo (I've attached a high-res version, or pull it off the site as it stands)
- The useful links -- put them wherever you think works
- The banner ad at the top needs to stay somewhere near the top
I've tried to pack the existing frontpage with news and stories to make it look busy. But I think the eye just gets confused so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you think. Do what you want with colours -- but do consider that the site is well known that rather bright Red colour you see used in the logo and header.
See the 'Smartphone Obsession in Marketing' section? With the three video thumbnails and a logo? Just under the headline bit? And the 'MEF Americas 2010' ones? Those are sponsored video sections that need to remain somehow and in the same general style (as sponsors have paid for that).
I typically publish 3-4 posts per day, so please make allowances for this in your frontpage look.
Some summary points about the design:
- Remember it's a news/magazine site
- Don't be afraid of using whitespace and clean lines
- Less is more -- clean up my crazy cluttered interface!