We are a young couple from Switzerland planing to start our own fashion venture.
Marta has a strong fashion background specialized in shoes and clothing. She worked already with big brands well-known all over the world.
Simon is a entrepreneur. He started his own internet business back in 2000 and managed to have a successful exit by selling the company to a major media company.
We are at the very beginning of our plans to start our own fasion venture. It is all about a Premium Fashion Online Shop for babies and kids between the age of 0 and 10. We will not do our own fashion, but sell fashion from designers who we think suit to our shop.
This is where you - the reader of this text - comes in. We are so exited to see your designs.
The target audience are young mothers (or even fathers) who just had their babies or have young kids until the age of 10.
No matter if a girl or boy the like to dress their kids in a very fashionable way for any occasion: a trip, visiting friends and relatives, special occasions, leisure, etc.
They are tired of the fashion they find in common stores and are striving for the special look. They already shop online and order clothes for themselves through the Internet - probably even for their kids.
As a family they earn enough money to be able to enjoy life - they travel, they do excursions, they meet with friends. A good proportion of their budget is dedicated for fashion and clothing as they like their kids to look properly and stand out of the crowd. But this doesn't mean that they want to spend all their money for fashion and clothing. That's why Gucci and other brands offering fashion for their kids is not an option.
This is where Cocon Rouge steps in.
The brand "Cocon Rouge" is composed of "cocon" which is the french word for "cocoon" and "rouge" which is the french word for "red". Like a crawler spinning its own cocoon and being reborn as a beautyful butterfly, Cocon Rouge is aiming to clothe babies and kids in the way they gleam in new splendor.
The clothing is fashionable and stands out compared to conventional fashion for babies and kids.
The logo can go in two directions:
- one is the playful and ornated direction: it can (but doesn't have to) be colourful
the other is more plain and straightforward direction, surfaces are smooth
Both directions must fulfill the following requirements:
- Logo is composed of a symbol (something "cocoon" like) and a writing (Cocon Rouge)
- Logo shows premium character of the Online Shop ==> doesn't look cheap
- Both symbol and writing can be used separately on communication
- The symbol should be something resembling to the form/look of a cocoon ==> for the playful direction it can be ornated for they straightforward more in the direction of plain/smooth
- Symbol can be symmetric or asymmetric ==> example: http://www.parkavenue.de/asset/Imag…irie_3.jpg
- Symbol and writing are catchy
- Logo must be legible/readable on print material, even if printed quite small
- The design of the logo will determine the design of the webpage