Second project for us - she's very attentive to details and her professional demeanor shines through.
How MalachiConstant started their logo design journey
Looking for a logo that features a cowboy motif, binary (1's and 0's) and is whimsical
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Thee are a lot of disciplines (metholdologies) in software development, and a lot of people spend a lot of time taling about how to do software development. A cowboy programmer is one who focuses more on the task at hand -- a sort of loner who doesn't follow conventional rules. You can read the Wiki article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_coding but it is pretty sparse. People who are into formal methods use it as a perjorative term, while others use it as a badge of honor.
A cowboy programmer is sort of the opposite of a "suit" type manager. The cowboy focuses on work, not on planning, meetings, etc.
I am trying to set up a logo that emulates the rogue-ish, pragmatic, focused features of the cowboy, and celebrates this as a good thing. This will be for both a website and a general business logo.
- Should have the word 'cowboy programmer' in the logo, but I would like to have a version both with and without the text (or easy to cut out
- Would be nice to incoporate binary (1s and 0s), but not required
- Should have some ort of cartoonish cowboy -- should be fun and whimsical
- Ideally, the logo shows some sort of concentration on the part of the cowboy. One of the features of a cowboy is they focus on coding, not on talking
- If you can somehow work in the adversarial relationship between the cowboy and the "suit" managr, that would be great. I have no idea how to do this, though.
- No "westen" style fonts, please
- No code samples, no 'hello, world'