UPDATED: We are re-naming our existing church and we need a new logo to go with our new website and use of our new name. This design will need to be flexible enough to be used on large signage, the new website, t-shirts, mugs, church bulletins, letterhead, etc.
Please read the following requests/information very carefully before submitting designs as we have some really clear ideas about what we do and don't want.
1. We'd like to see some designs centered around an R motif.
2. We'd like to see some designs centered around the word REDEEMER with Baptist Church in a smaller type face.
3. We'd like to see some designs that are more abstract along with stylized lettering designs of our name.
4. We'd like to see some designs that use web address: RedeemerBaptist.Church (our URL) as the logo OR in the logo.
5. We'd like to see some designs that do incorporate our tagline: A Gospel Centered Community and some that don't.
6. We'd like to see a wide range of design styles from classical and clean to contemporary and edgy.We'd like to see some classic "seal" type logos along with some that focus on our name. NO use of RBC in the logo please.
7. We DON'T want to see any designs that include clip art, cartoons, people as design elements, anything that's been commonly done in other church logos, doves, peace symbols, lighthouses, holy spirit - "fire" symbols, etc.
8. We're not big on natural elements (rivers, mountains) as these are incorporated in our church logo and name and we want to move away from that. If you wish to submit a design that includes an Oak tree (our city name means "Pass of the Oaks") you may buy we aren't really looking for that.
8. DO feel free to incorporate the Cross (stylized or classical) as a design element - within the lettering or beside it.
9. Do feel free to incorporate circular styling, an imprint type or seal type of logo.
10. COLORS: We'd like to see your suggestions but we are initially leaning toward crimson/white or crimson/black or green/black or black/bright yellow. This logo MUST be able to be printed in just white (on a black background) or just black (on a white/cream background) so consider this factor when designing. We don't want to see a lot of colors used in the design unless this prior criteria can be met.
11. It's got to be simple, memorable, and enduring! Nothing too trendy or that will look dated in a few years.
We're attaching a few files of few designs used by other churches/organizations that we like in order to spur your thinking. We DON'T want knockoffs of these designs, they're just here to spur your thinking.
Thanks ahead of time for making this a great contest and helping us design a great logo!