Read this first: Contest extended
Dear designers, we've decided to extend the contest because the initial batch of designs have not met our needs. Please take a moment to read the creative brief below and be re-inspired to submit your best designs.
Creative Brief: We are seeking an innovative design that visually expresses innovation, creative learning, fun, personal growth, professional advancement through learning to a 25-35 year old target customer range.
Therefore, these visual metaphors are not going to be successful for this age group:
1) Owls or cartoon animals;
2) Alphabet blocks;
4) Pencils or pens;
We are looking for more creative and sophisticated visual metaphors that express the creative brief. Think outside of the box. Some concepts you might explore include:
1) Scaffolding - building layers of knowledge upon layers of knowledge to achieve mastery in a subject. What visual metaphors might express this?
2) Growth - acquiring knowledge is a growth process. What visual metaphors might represent growth in a sophisticated and unique way?
3) Negative space - explore how you might achieve the creative brief with use of negative space in your designs;
4) Learning Milestones - our learners often face important milestones in the learning such as high stakes exams and certifications. Our website helps prepare them for these milestones. How might we express the intent of learning milestones and preparation?
5) Simplification - our approach to learning is taking complex topics and breaking them down into simpler learning components. The idea is to take something difficult and break it down into more achievable goals that build upon each other.
6) Learning ecosystem - our website has learning objects (parts) that are woven together to create a holistic approach to learning that is tailored for today's Millennial learners. How might you express the concept of a learning ecosystem and component parts working together to create an innovation educational solution.
Please explore these concepts in refining or submitting new ideas. Please note that we are looking for unique expressions. Common visual metaphors or existing ideas about learning (e.g. owls, books, pencils, alphabet blooks) will likely not meet the creative brief. To be successful in the contest, we encourage you to examine the concepts above for creative inspirations.
We are an educational website geared toward 25-35 year old professional learners (MDs). We offer cutting edge educational tools, videos, quizzes, tests, flashcards and study notes. We also are a learning community and want to show the community aspect of online learning. We help our learners reach their full potential in their chosen profession (e.g. medical careers).