Desired design points:
- Design should be clean and simple
- Somewhat abstract, with open lines (see logo styles we like, linked below)
- Minimal or no hard outer elements or borders
- Sense of movement, action, drawing in
- Logo should be very scalable, able to be used anywhere from business cards to large billboards.
Logo should be graphic element plus text
Graphic should be able to stand alone without the text
Main text should be “Year of Mercy”
Slogan text is “Archdiocese of Washington”
Ideas for the logo to symbolize: Inviting. Welcoming. A missionary church – going out to those who are in need of mercy, sharing it, and inviting them in. Peace and comfort.
Some ideas for design elements, for consideration. None of these are required. Definitely don't use all of these together.
- Open door
- Welcome mat
- Doorway with silhouette
- Use of the word “mercy” in or above the door, on doormat, or similar.
- A small cross (in negative space?)
- The Divine Mercy rays of light (we don't want the full image, but we like the rays of light)
- Church outline
Design files should be vector files in Adobe suite formats (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) which can be utilized by our in-house design team.
- Archdiocese of Washington website: http://adw.org/
- Divine Mercy image and explanation: http://divinemercyforourtimes.blogs…ivine.html
Logo styles we like: