“...With A Twist” is our signature success system which helps people on their path to becoming a more conscious human being. This system enables every day people to be hopeful, thriving, engaged, and self-fulfilled as they can create their destiny. I want people to be aware that they can create their own destiny and give them the tools to do this. One of the most important distinctions between being conscious and being unconscious is that the unconscious person is creating whatever happens in their life--whether it is an inner experience or an outer result--automatically and unconsciously, while the conscious person is in total control of what their mind does to create their life and circumstances.
Our tagline is Fail. Act. Succeed.
I run a tutoring agency called, Tutoring…With A Twist. http://www.tutoringwithatwist.com I am NOT married to this logo at all. I created it myself as I created everything myself when I first started my business! At the tutoring agency, we use the “...With A Twist” system with our clients. In other words, we go beyond just what people might think of as traditional tutoring —working with kids on their homework—into helping them become empowered on their educational path, all while building their literacy and numeracy skills! As the colours for this have always been blue and green, that is why I chose them as colours for you to incorporate in your design. However, I also chose that a designer could come up with their own colours as again I’m NOT married to this logo! While this has been a locally run company, the goal is that by 2018, it will spread geographically. The logo you are creating will be on the new website, as well as all the corporate training models.
The experiences I’ve had while running the tutoring agency, as well as being a parent, teacher and a social worker, lead me to write a book called, Parenting…With A Twist. I have a Podcast entitled Parenting...With A Twist. The intention behind this podcast is to lead me to being a world known speaker. The logo you are creating will be on this book, as well as on my powerpoint presentations that will be seen globally.
In consultation with a publisher, we’ve decided that this will not be a stand alone book but will become part of a book series. The book series will not just be about parenting; however, it will have the “...With A Twist”. So, I can do Education...With A Twist, Teaching...With A Twist, Eating...With A Twist, etc. Think of this like a Chicken Soup for the Soul book series in that there will also be other contributing authors. Each book will have in common the idea that the material in the book will enable the everyday person to strive for what they want out of life and get there by embracing their mistakes along the way and acting in a conscious matter. The logo you are creating will represent this book series globally.
The signature success system which defines what “With A Twist” is the following ten steps. I have a sketch for this. I will include it in the file section. Each of these steps, in the book series, will end up having an icon to represent it. The logo you are creating will provide the foundation for what the icons to represent the steps will look like!
“....With A Twist” Signature Success System Steps
1) A person decides they want to make a change and envisions what their life will be like once the change is made.
2) Develop S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timetabled) goals to reach this change.
3) Teach the person to be aware of what lense(s) they are viewing the world through and if that lense is serving them to reach their goal(s).
4) Teach the person to embrace the failures that they will make along the way to reaching their goal(s), as success is not a straight line.
5) Teach the person that they have to continue to A.C.T. (Action Changes Things) to reach their goal (s).
6) Teach the person that they need to check their P.H. (Passion Habit) Level to reach their goal(s).
7) We teach that it’s important to not get stuck in the past or caught up in the future as then one misses the precious moments that make up our lives!
8) Life is a journey so treat each decision you make with care. Slow down, observe yourself and those around you!
9) We teach them to assess their S.M.A.R.T. goal(s).
10) We teach them how to be “Happy…Just Because” no matter what live throws at them.