Firehoze offers a community-generated catalog of video tutorials designed to give students a way to find the classroom help they need.
The company's name comes from the common phrase, "Drinking from the firehose" -- that uncomfortable phenomenon when a person feels they are trying to consume/learn more than they can absorb. We hope to aid those students finding themselves in academic crisis while at the same time benefiting and promoting the best tutors we can find.
We are currently in private beta and will be publicly launching later this Fall.
Our audience is mostly but not limited to college level students. They are comfortable with technology (social media networks, handheld devices, etc) and are familiar with online culture and entertainment.
- professional / semi-professional / clean / inclusive / friendly
- crisp and modern suggesting happiness and leading to a sense of rescue
- easily recognizable and differentiates us from others.
- It would be interesting, but not required, to somehow incorporate the concept of water
- the logo must include the word "Firehoze". (Please note the seventh letter is "z").
- capitalization of letters is optional - just use what you think looks best.
- the logo will be used in 2 form factors.
- these dimensions are approximate, but it's important that the Big and Small versions both have aspect ratios somewhere of between 2:1 and 4:1.
- big: (for our landing page) roughly 300x150px
- small (for interior pages): roughly 200x50px
- the big and small versions can be identical, but don't have to be.
These are ideas we had, but are certainly not requirements:
- we like blue and green colors
- important: the logo needs to look nice on both dark and light backgrounds
how we will use it:
- Mainly on the Web but also print/business-cards/letterhead, etc.
- PSD layered files (RGB)
- print file format - .ai (CMYK)
- no photography
- no ".com" in the logo
- don't steal
- Use original material. Transfer of intellectual property.
Have fun and good luck!