* Logo should be clever. It should make you think or see things in a different way like looking at a puzzle. Example: http://designbeep.designbeep.netdna…design.jpg
See how the number 8 is cut up in parts and made to look like the word "eight". That's clever.
* The name Petals & Rice does not indicate what we do, so we need our brand to help us convey who we are. We do NOT want an obvious camera box icon or shutter icon in the logo because we feel that has been overly done. What can you come up with? :-)
* Our brand should indicate that we tell visual stories using photography. We are about providing personalized attention to each client, and more importantly, providing them with a memorable experience. It's really about THEM, not us. Words to describe our brand: Simple, Authentic, Refined, Sophisticated, Natural.
* Our slogan is "What's your story?". We do not want this very prominent in the logo, but it should be addable/removable as needed.
* We are open to color themes but would prefer fun, vibrant yet light-hearted tones. We like colors that represent Spring/Summer, but don't let that limit your imagination. :-) The colors need to appeal to our feminime demographic.
* Logo will be used on website, as watermark on images, letterheads, stickers, brochures, packing materials, and business cards. We would like to get business cards that are 'different' and eye catching - using either cut / embossing. See here for some examples:
Please keep this in mind as you design the logo. We should also be able to use the logo or elements of it as an icon for mobile app or as a favicon.
For the winning entry:
* Files should be delivered in layered PSD format.
* Font names and font files should be included.
* RGB color numbers
Let the games begin!