Booko @ http://booko.com.au/
We're a husband and wife team who run a small but popular online price comparison site - http://booko.com.au/. Booko is a site with a very simple goal - to find the cheapest place to buy books & DVDs in Australia. This site started out as a personal itch and has slowly grown into a very handy site, slowly adding more shops for comparison and more features to make it easier to use.
Booko does all the ground work for you - it runs off to 40 sites to find information for you and includes shipping costs, leaving you with everything you need to know, sorted from cheapest to not cheapest.
We're not high pressure sales people - if someone wants to print out the list and wander down to their local book shop to buy the book - fantastic. Glad to have helped you solve a problem.
We're looking to enhance the name Booko, already synonymous with the first step of buying a book.
Future consumers of books & DVDs are the primary market for Booko, with a clearly stronger focus on the book side. This does span a large range of people including: students who are looking to save on their text books, watchers of MasterChef who want a cook book shown on the tv show, nerds looking for technology books, librarians, teachers and maybe you? Pretty much anyone who's looking for a book.
* Logo primarily used on http://booko.com.au/
* Booko's main focus is books, rather than DVDs
* Note that the name is "Booko" - not "Book-o"
* The name "Booko" or "booko.com.au" should be the focus of the logo
* We have a preference for minimalist, simple designs
Please note - these are our guidelines - feel free to break the rules if inspiration strikes.
The logo should be delivered in the following formats:
* The original file containing all the layers and elements (ideally in some kind of vector format) used to create the logo, PNG and SVG versions if possible.
* A favicon version
Depending on our experience at 99designs, ideally we'd like to launch a website redesign competition following this competition.