Ibn Taimiyyah Islamic Library is seeking an innovative new logo design that effectively captures the spirit of an ambitious non-profit organization.
Ibn Taimiyyah Islamic Library
Ibn Taimiyyah Islamic Library is an ambitious non-profit organization that was established to provide the general public with access to the first fully-functional Islamic public library in America. The project itself combines the practicality of a conventional library with the convenience of an online Islamic archive which makes it truly one of a kind.
The founders of this pioneering effort are looking for a logo which will appeal to both Muslims and non-Muslims alike and capture the spirit of this historic project. It is essential that the designer realizes that the most important theme that should be conveyed through the logo is a seamless merger between the old with the new. The library aims to provide access to the very latest scholarly works as well as rare manuscripts dating back to the earliest generations of Muslim scholarship.
The fonts will be left up to the discretion of the designer with preference given to fonts that match the overall look and feel of the logo. The founders of the project would prefer that the color scheme primarily consists of three colors:
3- Blue but every logo merits consideration so even "other" color schemes will be considered. The founders of the library project do not intend upon limiting the creativity of the designers, but they would like to emphasize that the primary focus of the logo should be upon books. There is really no need for images of living beings or anything that does not directly relate to the general function of a library.
It is also important to note that much of the funding that this project needs to succeed is dependant upon this logo. The logo itself may play a large role in fundraising efforts by appearing on T-shirts, sweatshirts, and hats to generate awareness for the library project. For this reason it is hoped that one of you will create a logo that is quite simply breathtaking.
Feedback will be given for each entry and the winner will be rewarded generously for the logo.
- Vibrant colors (white, green, and blue is the preferred color scheme).
- The logo should accurately depict a legacy that has lasted 1400 years (i.e. the logo should incorporate a seamless merging between the old with the new).
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Incorporates an open book or a bookshelf into the logo.
- The full name of the library should appear in or near the logo.
- Acceptable formats are: Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop (300 dpi minimum resolution).
- Unnecessary use of fluorescent colors or pastels.
- A deliberately aged or ancient look.
- Irrelevant images of people or animals.