Journal app iOS, Mac, Web App that allows users to keep personal journal and record their life memories securely for future generations.
Here are some of the key features of the app:
1. Allows user to write a journal entry with inline photo, audio, video attachments.
2. Allows users to track the places they have visit throughout the day in background and displays their daily tracks on a map view.
3. Allows users to track their health and fitness metrics such as number of steps, hours slept etc. and display the metrics using charts and graphs.
4. Allows users to look back on their timeline and relive past life moment. All the user posts are shown in a nice timeline view.
The app is targeted for following demographics:
- Primary group: Males and Females in the age group 25-55
- Secondary group: Teenagers
- Targeted audience will be majorly from US, Europe, Japan, China
- Smart phone users, specifically users who use Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac)
- People who travel a lot for vacations or for consulting work
- People who are depressed or undergoing mental health issues
Requirements for the logo:
- The logo will be displayed primarily on the phone screen where name of the app is shown outside / separate from the logo.
- The logo will be displayed inside the app in the App Header.
- The logo will be displayed on the website next to the name.
- The logo will also be displayed on the PDF footer when users export their entires as PDF. Therefore, the logo should be able to translate well in both color and monochrome (b/w) scheme.
- The logo will be printed on the book cover when the users order prints of their journal entries. So it should be subtle and yet able to attract attention.
- The preference is to keep the logo flat and simple.
- Currently, consumers are well aware of standard icons for general phone/laptop functions such as mailbox, calendar, contact book, notes, etc. The idea here is to come up with an iconic logo that will express the intend of writing/keeping journals.
There are some other competitor apps in the marketplace that has similar features. While designing the logo, please keep in mind that this logo will be competing against these apps. Please take special care to not make the logo look similar to them. Try to make it more distinct and playful than them.
1. Dayone: http://dayoneapp.com (their old logo is http://dayoneapp.com/images/hero/he…-icon.png)
2. Momento: https://momentoapp.com (old logo: http://5532413.swh.strato-hosting.e…_icon.png)
3. JRNL: https://jrnl.com
4. Journey: https://2appstudio.com/journey/
5. Diaro: http://diaroapp.com
6. Evernote: https://evernote.com
7. Penzu: https://penzu.com
8. Grid Diary http://griddiaryapp.com/en/
9. Path: path.com
10. My Life Story: http://mylifestoryapp.com
To find out more information about the features and screenshots of the app, please check the website at dyrii.com/beta.