How brian barker started their logo design journey
Need a new logo for use on website and all printed materials. Logo must be fresh, modern, hopeful and communicate the mission of Alight to both clients and community supporters and funders.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Alight provides education, counseling and practical help for families in crisis. Alight provides classes in childbirth, parenting, co-parenting, anger management, infant care as well as crisis pregnancy counseling, clothing, furniture and diapers for infantts and young children. The new logo must communicate to both clients and community supporters the hopeful mission of Alight for serving families in crisis.
- must be modern, clean, forward looking
- Alight is one word and the main title
- Care Center is the subtitle to Alight
- use of color is good but must also read in black and white
- use of graphic imagery that relates to Alight's name and mission is encouraged (i.e. light + family)
- a more modern lighthouse motif is acceptable and encouraged.
- must appeal to young women, men and children
- must be professional looking on par with health care providers or social service agencies.
- need vector file format (eps or ai)
- avoid cliche images
- not overtly feminine
- Script and italic fonts discouraged - unless vital to creative concept