After 10 years we feel it's about time to change our name and corporate identity. A fresh new start with a fresh new logo!
What we want and why we want it:
We want a very professional and timeless logo design to come with our new company name (Vellance). We can be described as:
- Technically advanced, delivering high-end solutions. Quality and knowledge combined.
- Bold ("not your average IT company"), not one of many, not boring.
- We're relaxed, we love life, we're passionate about our work.
- Key values: personal, fast, safe, secure, sincere, flexible, tailor made, dynamic and uptime.Why?
After 10 years we have chosen to focus strictly on the managed hosting business. Our "old" company name (Parc Productions) is not representing this to our liking anymore. We have been busy to get new sales and marketing plans up and running. And a new logo is the next step and the fundament to facilitate good clean marketing for years to come.
Who we are:
Vellance (currently: http://www.parcproductions.com) is a dutch managed hosting company situated in Amsterdam (address + information etc. available on our website). We started out in 1997. Our mission:
Assisting businesses with their online initiatives through managed hosting backed up by excellent services, consultancy, facilities and passionate support.
Basically we deliver: shared hosting, domain names, virtual dedicated servers, dedicated servers and high-availability solutions including all kinds of optional services (24/7, backups, load balancing setups etc.).
About the name Vellance:
Vellance comes from Valence/Valency (number), which roughly means something like: a measure of the number of chemical bonds formed by atoms of a given element. See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valence_(chemistry) for more information. The basic idea behind it: succesfully networking with core elements that forms the internet (instead of compounds). That's what we are, and that's what we do.
- A unique/slick feel to it. A bit web2.0, but not too much.
- Optional tagline: "Not your average IT company".
- Preferrably use of warm colors (we're tired of our current clinical-blue color).
- Must look good in black and white as well (because of the fax machine).
- Vector-based (preferrably illustrator/photoshop files).
- We want the winning logo to be free of any rights (after we've paid you for it of course).
- The winner is very probably also going to make our new stationary (if you want to of course).
- A bit of a playful logo is no problem. Please let your creativity flow! But not too playful please (not like logitech or something).
- Please check our description to get an idea of the key-values.
- No too much atomic-like logo's please (despite the fact the name facilitates an "atomic" feeling).
- No use of blue (or similar clinical colours).
- Please, no copies of existing logo's :-).