BabyBloop is a hip deal-of-the-day commerce site for baby and child products. The logo is the primary design element on a simple layout, and will probably be displayed against a white or light background.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
BabyBloop is a "deal of the day" ecommerce site that sells highly-discounted clearance products relating to infants, children, and parenting. (Other "deal of day" sites can be found at http://www.dodtracker.com/ but Woot.com is a famous example.)
BabyBloop is a hip, wholesome, modern business identity that exists completely online. There is no brick-and-mortar side to the business. Our shoppers are internet-savvy mommies and daddys, who use BabyBloop to find save money on essential products, or to purchase cool new items they wouldn't ordinarily buy. Our shoppers return every day to find what the new deal is, and tell their friends to visit too. BabyBloop sells discounted or clearance toys, bathing products, clothes, diapers, etc.--anything and everything related to infants, children, parents, and parenting.
- Modern logo design
- Is "fun"
- Evokes motherhood, parenthood, childhood
- The look should be more organic than mechanic; more "farmer's market" than "corporate headquarters"
- Should seem wholesome rather than chic. It can be hip but not too unorthodox or avant-garde -- e.g., we need it to be accessible
- Should not look too bad on black&white printed invoices
- Glowing, glassy, or balloony styles are fine -- if the other criteria is met - Will display against a white or light background
- Hopefully the letters "babybloop.com" can be integrated with the design or placed near it
- A logo that is nothing but a crazy font, like Woot, eBay or Yahoo... unless it really works
- A logo that is "flat" or cliparty -- it should somehow seem to pop out from the page.