Original logo needed for conference website and any future promotional material.
We are in need of a logo to be used for our website and any future promotional material. The company, CUSEC (Canadian University Software Engineering Conference) is a non-profit organization which runs a student organized conference every January for Software Engineering students. Every year, CUSEC has a theme, which is used by presenters in their talks. For 2009, the theme is 'software (r)evolutions'. Below is a blurb about the theme.
Revolutions such as social software, virtualization, and software as a service have opened up new approaches and techniques to explore. We evolve our knowledge within these new spaces until we reach limits, precipitating the next revolution. Can we combine what we know about past trends with observations about today’s challenges to predict where we’ll take technology next?
The logo should predominantly portray the theme and it's link to software engineering. The colours for the logo must reflect the site layout which has already been completed (see http://sandbox.cusec.net). The current colours are:
Dark Brown: #594c2a / RGB(89,76,42)
Dark Gray: #333333 / RGB(51,51,51)
Turquoise: #6ccce2 / RGB(108,204,226)
Tanish: #a8927b / RGB(164,146,123)
- original artwork and design
- the theme name and the words cusec 2009 or cusec '09 must appear in the logo
- CUSEC must be in all upper case or lower case (cusec) since it is an acronym
- the theme name must be in all lower case as in [ software (e)evolutions ] or in all caps [ SOFTWARE (R)EVOLUTIONS ] and must include the rounded brackets as shown
- the colours must be similar to the current site layout (brown, dark gray, turquoise, tan), but alterations in shades can be made as needed
- a maximum of 3 colours can be used for the logo, not counting the background colour
- final submitted design must be 300dpi or more and in PSD format
- a text only logo