There are four requirements:
1. Strong visual metaphor / motif that can be used in isolation from the term ‘eSpreadBet.com’
– We need a versatile logo that incorporates an element that could be used in locations that require dramatic scaling down in size, such as favicons and iPhone app icons
– No currency signs; the brand needs to be neutral of any currencies or countries
2. Striking colour scheme
– We favour strong colourways that immediately bestow a visual identity on the brand. The winning logo will likely inform the colour scheme of other marketing materials
– No greens or warm blues, they seem to be everywhere!
– Think vibrant, bold, strong colour(s) that can be ‘owned’ by eSpreadBet.com
3. Modern typeface
– We have no preference over serif and sans serif fonts, but require a typeface that is up to date and modern
– It should also be striking and clean; no elaborate or calligraphic styles that will be hard to read at small sizes
– The logo should be written in the same way as we write it in plain text, i.e. with a capital ‘S’ and capital ‘B’
Does the logo include a device or motif?
Have you used a strong, ownable colour?
Have you avoided using currency symbols?
Is the typeface clean and simple?
Have you used a capital ‘S’ and ‘B’ as in ‘eSpreadBet.com’?
Does the logo include the ‘.com’ part of the eSpreadBet.com brand name?