We are working on a new project, codenamed Dirigible. We'll be launching a private beta over the next few weeks, and going public shortly after that.
Dirigible's purpose is to help programmers build large-scale number-crunching applications to run "in the cloud" using a spreadsheet-like web interface. You can see a mockup of the main page here: http://projectdirigible.resolversys…mockup.jpg
If you win, your logo will go in the top left of that page.
Our main product -- apart from Dirigible -- is a spreadsheet called Resolver One; you can see its page and logo here: http://www.resolversystems.com/ However, there's no requirement for the Dirigible logo to match or even resemble Resolver One's.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The target audience for this product is computer programmers writing new applications, scientists analysing anything from genetic data to particle physics, people in finance and insurance, and indeed anyone who needs to create large-scale number-crunching applications. Some of them will be "serious, professional" types, so unfortunately the design can't be *too* edgy...
* Colour combinations that do not clash with the colour scheme of the mocked-up page at http://projectdirigible.resolversys…mockup.jpg
* Clean, simple design. The "toolbar" icons in the mockup are a good example, though white-on-blue/flat is not a requirement.
Not requirements, but suggestions (there's nowhere else to put these in the "Create a brief" form):
* I'm interested in seeing designs both with and without the product name in them. There's no need to have the company name in there at all.
* "Dirigible" is synonymous with "Airship", so designs using Zeppelins could work well -- though this isn't a requirement!
* Because Dirigible is a tool for building "cloud-based" or "grid-based" applications, clouds and/or grids could also work well as design elements -- but probably as a secondary element, perhaps combined with an airship or something like that, as early entries based on clouds have tended to catch my eye less than those based on other ideas.