New notes 8/16 -
1) We favor a logo graphic to the left of the name.
2) the names should both be in red, but we are curious to see it with a little gray shadow, or accented with a thin gray line on one side of the letters.
3) The "PLLC" must be smaller than the names.
4) in a Block style, consider whether you can incorporate "New York" under the PLLC
5) We have decided on red and gray, not the blue palette.
Logo must contain our firm name: "MacDonald Weiss PLLC". We prefer a contemporary minimalistic approach, simple font, and it must be professional and classy, but contemporary (we have a lot of tech company clients). I will attach our current logo, which has a skyline that is too obvious in style. Although we want to see fresh designs with no skyline, we would consider designs with a NYC skyline or that otherwise evoke NYC but we do not want a pedantic skyline, any skyline must be a wisp of a thing that is cleverly evocative of NYC, not obvious. We also like the color scheme of the existing logo, but would also consider a gray-red palette, red must be super deep and rich like a fine wine, and must be used with a light touch because too much red can be overwhelming.
We are happy with the general design of our business card, attached, so we could drop the new logo into it, but if the color scheme changes then it would have to be mocked up in the new colors. The reverse of the card would likely have text, not a version of the logo. We are working out the text.
We need the file in .ai and .eps formats and in appropriate resolution sizes for use on printed material, on the web, and in email signatures.
After seeing first batch of designs I note that the skylines are too pedantic. If someone has a clever way of evoking a skyline with a few wisps of line, or can use our initials MW in some fashion, that would be interesting to see; otherwise, I will reject any design with an obvious skyline.