eclipse is a new boutique fund manager and financial services company. There is an initial requirement for a logo design, to be use on letterhead, business cards, and able to be applied in a more abstract form to document covers and layouts (the latter requirements to be the subject of further competitions).
eclipse (yes, it is all lower case)
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
eclipse is a new boutique fund manager that has been established by the founders of one of the larger Australian fund managers. The idea behind the company is to be one of the first companies to rise from the ashes of the current world financial crisis, and, through a very straightforard, honest, open and simple approach to business and investmentment products, to eventually grow to be more successful and enduring than those companies that are now collapsing around us.
- simple and clean design
- preference for circular format
- if the name appears (encouraged) preference for a sans font - most documents use centurygothic internally, with an emphasis on titles in lower case
- limited color palette (visually) although no issue with requirement for full color reproduction
- suitable for reproduction on dark (black or midnight blue) background for business cards
- suitable for application of an abstract design on document covers
- suitable for reproduction on white for letterhead, etc.
- able to be referenced (in abstract form on a document cover for example) without including the name of the company
- an emphasis on the written word 'eclipse' - or any design based on the shape or positioning of any characters in the word