How MyTypeDesign started their logo design journey
Need a logo for an application to be launched on Facebook called “Night Out”. It let’s you display on your profile those friends you “night out” with, as well as browse through and message other people who night out in your area.
I'm on here everyday giving feedback and will try to comment on everyone's designs. Thanks for submitting!
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Though one of the primary allures of Night Out is the ability to find people you’d want to date or hook up with, we’re trying our best not to appear like a dating site. We are also not targeting any specific demographic beyond the obvious age bracket of 18 to 30ish. The app can be used by heterosexuals, homosexuals, party animals, dinner and a movie types, hipsters, couples, etc.
- A simple, fun logo that incorporates the words “Night Out”. The words could be uppercase or lowercase.
- We’re currently using a dark blue color as our base (#002157), which is slightly preferred but not mandatory. Dark blue does have the obvious association with “night”.
- The logo should be somewhat compact, i.e. don't include a large background relative to the logo like #5 does.
- The logo should not try too hard to be cool. We’re not look for cartoon silhouettes of young “hip” people.
- It should not be complex. We’re not looking for fancy graphics or lots of colors. We’re not necessarily looking to be bare bones minimalist either. Again, we’d like it to have a fun nature to it, but understated fun
- It should not have any details that would be lost if scaled down to around 140px by 40px (about as small as we would go, it would probably be used at a bit larger size)