I have attached three logos: RESS Current, RESS 25 Years, Crest.
RESS Current: This is the logo that is currently used. The "Iron Ring" on the logo is copyrighted and the owners have asked us to remove its use. Hence this competition. We figured it was a great opportunity to get a trendier new logo.
RESS 25 Years: This year marks the 25th Anniversary of RESS. If we can get a logo + a version with 25 years that would be GREAT.
Crest: This is for ideas only. VERY old graphic and is used on governance documents only. Probably will set-up another contest to have it updates. Some elements in it:
- Ram: The mascot of Ryerson University
- Maple Leafs: Representing Canada
- 7 links in the chain: representing the 7 engineering disciplines at the University.
- Hammer, Lighting, Cog: Representing civil, electric, and mechanical engineering. These were the original disciplines. Currently, the University offer: Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering
- "Ventura Nobis Consilio": The slogan (latin: future is ours by design)
I uploaded the crest for idea generation only. You can choose to use elements from it or not. I personally think it is very old and ugly!