[ UPDATED BRIEF ]
* I want to emphasize that my logo should be "self-contained". In other words, i want to be able to use it on a variety of mediums (website, t-shirt, letterhead etc). If you think about the Starbucks logo you'll see a great example of a self-contained logo. Mcdonalds is another good one because you can just use the "M" or add the full "McDonalds" txt. Either work.
The logo might have the typography encapsulated around the object/logo (like Starbucks) or it may not. If it doesn't, then whatever the object is should be able to stand by itself and be recognizable without the text (Like McDonalds). I hope that makes sense =]
* I've uploaded a picture of the back of my business card. Nevermind the crazy font, but note the kids picking apples is something that i think represents the spirit of my consulting business. I don't necessarily need to have that exact theme, but take note that I like the idea and what it represents. In addition, I've uploaded a tree that i find inspiring too.
* I uploaded the color schema that I'll be using for my new site in case you want to use it for inspiration.
* Also, some of the designs I'm seeing include monochrome versions. I REALLY LIKE THAT because it should be how well the logo stands up on its own minus color.
*Lastly, here are some themes that come to mind for me that might be part of my logo:
- garden (carrots are ok even though i said no orange =)
- apples, apple tree
- anything growing
- cooking / food
* I've attached some screenshots of a new design for my website. There are some logo placeholders but please don't use them for much inspiration as they are just placeholders (ESPECIALLY THE BLUE AND GREEN COLORS IN THE LOGO). That said, the screenshots will give you an idea of how i'll be using the logo.
* The typography is really important for my logo. I want that part to be perfect so feel free to experiment with the font family and usage.
*Colors should be flexible so they can be interchanged depending on mood/medium used.
* I have a designer on contract (he doesn't do logos). I would like to have the source file so that the colors can be changed if i chose to have that done.
* The first use of the new logo will be for the website redesign and on a shirt that I'll be wearing to a conference in November.