We seek a logo for our product MightyDB – a completely browser-based online database, reporting and collaboration product for business database authors and users that is powerful yet easy to use.
We desire a logo that connotes power, control, simplicity, ease-of-use, reliability and trust.
The personality of the brand should be solid, but can contain a bit of either fun, cleverness, hip-ness, or with-it-ness.
“Power to the People” notions - even though this is a business product - may be relevant, as the product unleashes databases to normal humans. Constructivist art and design from the 30's through the 50s and from Paula Scher of Pentagram may be applicable.
We are open to seeing graphical elements besides the name.
- Modern, clean, fresh and dynamic company logo.
- Screen and printable version through different backgroundsas well as a black and white style.
- The logo should be high-res in .PSD or .CDR format.
- We also need 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 128x128 pixel sizedversions to use as an icon for our application. Smaller versions are notrequired to be exact match of large version, but must be recognizable.
- Usability at smaller sizes (icons are important)
- Three colors maximum, hopefully fewer, but we’re open at this point …
- Should be able to be printed in one color (it would be great if you provide both one- and two-color images)
- Blues and gray would be great, compatible colors that print correctly, no pastels, white background (Our app has a light blue color scheme).
- Room for a tagline.
- Art provided in EPS format and the icon image provided in the appropriate format.
- Output in vector format that can be opened by Photoshop
- Scalable, modern design, easy to read corporate fonts, solid bold
- No transparency in the design (unless it's white space - example: for the .ico file)
- Nothing too glossy (too web 2.0 looking)
- No script or cartoon fonts
- No cute, consumer, cartoonish, hard-to-read