GUS was outstanding and was quick to make edits as I requested throughout the process. His design was well aligned with my creative brief and resonated well with others as I polled people about their favorite designs. I knew he was my designer from day one as his design stood out from the other 250+ designs I received. Great job, GUS!
The design matched brief, needing very few edits. Changes were made quickly and easily. The designer was responsive and professional.
How Johnny D started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
What’s your company slogan?
Open communications for the ocean
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Octo is an ocean conservation group with services in 120 countries. Our target audience is ocean conservationists: we help them to communicate and share knowledge with each other worldwide. All our services are free and open to users: by removing barriers to information, we allow ocean conservationists to find and apply the solutions they need - quickly and effectively. Our services include newsletters (on ocean management and ocean protected areas), discussion groups (on marine litter and other topics), podcasts, innovation processes, science libraries, webinars, reports, and more.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What colors do you want to see in your design?
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
* Octo's mascot is an octopus. The logo design should include an octopus in some way.
* We want the octopus to be stylish and artistic, but not cartoonish.
* The octopus mascot suggests Octo's many “arms” (services), global reach, adaptability, and intelligence.
* Octo stands for “Open communications for the ocean” - this slogan should be included in the design.
* Ideally the logo design should suggest the ideas of openness and communications.