Absolute class designer. There is a reason why Kate is one of the leading designers on 99 designs. I personally invited Kate to my competition and within 24 hours she had replied. Her third entry finished the competition, the champion had arrived.
- Dan Nugent
How LighthouseCentre started their logo design journey
Lighthouse and its co-sponsors will be running a Start Up Camp in Australia's national capital, Canberra. These 'boot camp' events are being held all over the world--typically over the course of a Friday, Sat. Sun.
What happens is that a bunch of web start-up company enthusiasts (programmers, marketing, sales people) get together and formulate and execute an internet business idea in about 54 hours. At the end, they pitch to venture capital and receive feedback on their ideas.
There is a lot of work, but it is the ultimate in 'learning by doing'. There is plenty of food, top gear and the best creative minds in town all working together to launch a working beta site by Sunday: A Geek’s paradise.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Looking for a logo to appear on social networking sites, programmer discussion forums, website and other internet efforts to recruit participants and also sponsors.
The logo image should 'capture' the fun and energy of the event and the quirky/innovative applications that tend to result (think fun and interested facebook aps for instance).
- Simple and evocative imagery
- should include the http://www.startupcampcanberra.com url
- some specific iconic canberra image included would be nice if executed without being too cliche (e.g. parliment house, telstra tower, etc)
- Needs to 'size down' well as it will be the 'avatar' on a number of social networking sites.
- Clip Art
- Stock photo images of hands, laptops, 'teams' or anything equally corny
- No pointing arrows or fists full of dollars. . .