Mosaic Learning - http://www.mosaic-learning.co.uk
Mosaic Learning specialise in helping busy people develop time management and personal productivity skills, so they can achieve more of what really matters, feel less stressed and enjoy a better work/life balance.
Offer both open and tailored courses, masterclasses, coaching and distance learning products.
My expertise covers – goalsetting, priorities, delegation, handling email, stress, interruptions, procrastination and so on.
Male and female, typical age range 25 – 45
Busy people who want to learn how to manage their time more effectively, be even more successful in their work, feel less stressed and enjoy better work/life balance.
The site is visited both by individuals looking for time management help for themselves, and by Training Managers/Line Managers looking for time management training for their staff.
Site visitors come from a huge range of professions and sectors (including many household names) – manufacturing, legal & accountancy, financial services, health & public services, media, communications, voluntary sector and charities etc. Time management skills are important for just about whatever people are doing.
The site also needs to appeal to freelance and self-employed people who may work from home – so not too corporate a look ie no pictures of glass office buildings etc...
Banner size – not too deep - preferrably 850 x 150
The design needs to be;
• Simple, uncluttered, credible, professional, calm.
• Obviously about a company that has expertise in managing time better
• Colours – light, professional. As current brand – turquoise, dark blue & light grey
• Include Mosaic Learning logo somewhere as known by current clients but not the dominant image
• Prefer a graphic design to photographs (but not rule out if used well) I like things that are asymmetric sometimes rather than all on the straight line
• Graphics relevant to ‘ effective time management’
• Design to be adaptable so can be used for the website banner, and key themes used on the ‘Time Management Answers’ newsletter and blog banners, so clearly connected.
• No moving pictures
• No pictures of office buildings
WHAT I LIKE
The banner is almost too simple but it works. Colours not my taste though
I quite like the little graphic design of the clock – but definitely not the photo, or dark jade green
WHAT I DONT LIKE
A huge company, and a competitor in my specific niche. Reed have the known brand and I presume this design is working for them – but colours on this site are (in my view) truly horrible, just too many and too much going on.
BUT I do like the narrow banner as this gives plenty of space above the fold, and by being wide it enables blocks to be included at the sides eg for newsletter signup, or chatwise box
This banner has so little in it, it’s boring, colours are horrible and that’s before you even look at the rest of the page – chaos!