I've guaranteed this contest now.
We're down to the finals so I'm re-writing this brief to give you a better idea of exactly what I'm looking.I will also add a number of images with different wood grains for you to play with.
1. Be on a black or white background only.
2. Include a FULL body bull
3. Have the company name written in either "bleeding cowboy" font or something very similar. See design #86
4. Have the subheading "hardwood floor refinishing" written in something similar to but NOT "bleeding cowboy" font and must be italic.
5. Everything has to have a strong 3D effect from the outside edges of the font or image going inwards. See design #73
6. For the bull, the wood grain has to contour and flow with the direction each of individual segment. See design #86
7. The bull image has to be a reworked version of the original provided, it should be 80% - 95% the same, because the original was hand drawn and the spacing and thickness of the segments isn't perfect for enlargement as it will look to chunky. See design #86
8. The wood grain effect within the company name must be slightly distorted to avoid the it looking like a back drop has just been slipped in behind it. Similar to the grain effect on the bull.
9. The logo has to be able to be vectorized while maintaining the detail.
10. The colour scheme is based around a fire orange, brown and a earthy red. See design #86
11. The logo on a white background must have a fine black border around it.
12. The wood grain effect must be as realistic as possible. See design 90 background.
13. The "bleeding cowboys" font must be cleaned up a bit as the letter "G" is a bit messy for example. See design #86
14. The bull image will have grain and colour variations within it, (not all the same colour or grain effect. 3 variations would be great. See design #87
15. The company name will have a dark to light colour fade from top to bottom or side to side. Either within each letter or across them as a whole.
What I'd like to see:
1. An outline effect around the bull and font... see design #10
2. Another 3D effect that lifts the logo off the white or black background. see design #92
3. The bull image will use the "tree bark " wood grain effect and the font will use the "traditional" wood grain effect... or vice versa
I'm back at home and can get back to you with feedback quicker now, I was away from home last week.
Fire as many questions as you want at me.