Great designer with excellent communication skills and an innovative mind. Albel and Parified were essential in the design, development and followed up by arranging the coding for my website. Good Job.
Great work - on brief and always quick to respond. Handled some extra requests after the contest was finished and delivered a great piece of work
How Ktaggart started their app design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Our app allows the parents to outsource some of the kids homework to the grandparents, no matter where they live (i.e. my 5 year old (in Sydney) spends 30 minutes every week reading a book to his gran (in UK).
Basically we are Skype integrated with content, like a book. When kid (in Australia) changes the page of a book during a video call with his granny (in UK), she sees the page change too - no delays or weird techie stuff. It just happens - easy!
In the future we are going to have lots of content available in the app for users to use/share during a video call. The screen to let users to do this is attached Screen to design.png
1) Users download our app from the app store
2) Users can enter as a guest or register (most don't want to register until they understand the value they will get from the app)
3) Users need to understand what the app does & how it works (i.e. they can watch introduction video, they can explore content solo mode)
4) Users can invite contacts (just like Skype they need to have friends in an address book before they can call them)
5) Users can call existing contacts (again just like Skype)
6) Users can choose content to share together before or during a video call (i.e. screen UI must work in both solo & call mode)
- New User Objectives - Read a book - detail.PDF - wireframes and screenshots for the current app due for release in app store on 1st April. This project is to design a new screen we will add into the existing app - the content library
- example usability.PDF - shows a conceptual view of the new user stepping through a basic idea for that on boarding process for new users. I was trying to think how computer games step a new user through the UI adding new features to the screen after a user has seen and used the function.
- New User Objectives - Create Video message - detail-.JPG - a concept for a new activity we may add in the future for users entering the app. A different type of content to a book. There is also a different wireframe for the content screen that may be interesting to you & your design.
What to avoid
complex UI with too many things for the user to do, we have found our users like to be told 1 thing to do at a time.