I need the interior of a book designed, and I'm not expecting to get it done for $299. What I'd like to have designers do is design two chapters of the book, the second and third chapters. The second chapter is 1396 words with 5 illustrations. The third chapter, which is the largest in the book, is 's 7430 words with 12 illustrations.
After they design the two chapters, which will serve as templates (in terms of fonts, subtitle and header/footer designs, use of white space, etc.), then I'd like the designer to give me a quote of what it would be to design the whole book in trade paperback (8x10 format), PDF and Kindle formats, I'd like the designers to give me a bid of what they would charge for the entire book in trade paperback, PDF and Kindle versions.
I am guaranteeing a winner in this contest for the trade paperback version of the book.
The total book has 36,000 words and about 40 photos/line drawings. As it's a how-to book, I'd like to use a lot of white space, a bit larger font for the text, and larger photos, which will be in color.
I'm attaching to sample designs that I had done before I realized I needed to go to 99 designs:
* I like what sarah did (sarahlayout) in terms of white space, size of font, size of photos, etc...but I'm looking for a more masculine look to the book
* I like what ravi did (ravilayout), but it lacks imagination...
* I'm attaching the two chapters to be laid out, as well as two chapters where I inserted photos in text boxes to give designers an idea where the illustrations should be placed. The two Word files without illustrations are more polished versions of the chapters. The two Word files with illustrations have less polished copy, so you'll want to work with the files that don't have illustrations when laying out the chapters (named Chapter Two and Chapter Three).
* I'm also attaching files that contain the illustrations for Chapter Two and Chapter Three. Please note: Some of the photos are graphic...there will not be graphic photos in the book. I took the photos to give to an illustrator who is doing colored line drawings to illustrate the book. THIS IS A TRADE PAPERBACK BOOK THAT WILL HAVE A WIDE DISTRIBUTION, NOT PORN.
* I'm also attaching the jpegs that are included in the chapter