We need a beautiful, new state of the art chat window designed for our SightMax Live Chat Product.
Our new chat solution is built on CSS and slides up from the bottom of the browser window to asks a user if they want to chat.
There are four screens built into our chat window:
1. Prechat Survey - Form that collects user information, such as name, phone, company name, etc.
2. The Waiting Screen, usually a clock (spinning) or hour glass (moving) that displays while the visitor is waiting for an operator to answer the chat (animated gif preferred)
3. The chat window itself where visitors send and receive messages
4. The Post Chat window, this shows up at the end of the chat to ask the visitor how the operator handled their issue. It's a form just like the pre chat survey but has questions pertaining to the chat that just took place.
The main design is basically the shell for all of the above, the base design will be the same.
We are looking for some nice colors which can be used on most any site.
- Chat title bar - shows at the bottom (side or top) of the page and entices the visitor to click to start a chat. This is really the top bar of the chat. The remainder of the chat window is simply hidden. When the visitor clicks the bar, the chat window slides upwards to expose the main chat window.
The bar shows text and icons to represent the status of the system.
c) Out to Lunch
d) Back in 5 Minutes
- Hovering invite marque that slides from the top of the page down to the bottom and sits on the chat bar itself. Typically it's a special offer that entices the visitor into chat when clicked.
- Should have a place to show a small operator avatar (picture of operator).
- Send button next to the input window to send the message.
- A small bar of icons shown during chats for:
Skype (makes a Skype call), Print (to print a chat), Email Chat Transcript and the End button to end the chat)
- Should have a key/lock or some graphic to show that the chat is secure.
- In the chat window itself, we need a status area that shows when the operator is typing to the visitor, usually text that says "Operator is typing". This pops up when the operator starts typing and should be in a visible area for the visitor.
- SightMax Logo and Powered by SightMax text should be shown somewhere in the chat window.
- Size can be anything, however it needs to play and fit nicely on websites whereby it doesn't take too much room.
I've enclosed screenshots of our current window, to show the idea. We don't like the layout or the colors, but it gives you an idea of what we have and what we want to improve upon.