This is a design for a FULL-PAGE MAGAZINE ADVERTISEMENT (full page bleed) in an aviation publication: AeroSafety World. It will be the inside front cover position and is a Print Ad. Here is the website of the magazine:
They also allow people to download the magazine in PDF format:
Please consider the following points:
1. Clean simple look with high visual impact with a dramatic image as the backdrop.
2. Simple and minimal text to communicate who we are, how to contact us and our message.
3. The location information should be as follows (all these should be subtle and not dominate the ad):
Locations: Phoenix, Dallas and AmsterdamWebsite: apstraining.com (somewhere in the ad that supports a subtle look)
Primary: The Industry's Leading Provider of Airplane Upset Prevention & Recovery Training
Secondary: For Safety-conscious Pilots of All Experience Levels in Any Fixed-wing Airplane
Additional Information to be placed somewhere in the Ad: Loss of Control In-flight is Aviation's Leading Fatal Threat to Air Safety. Are You Prepared?
4. Although we may change the text of the following message before the completion of the contest, this 'impact message' needs to be short, to the point and capture attention. Here is the placeholder text we want in the advertisement that should be our main message (may or may not need the quotation marks in the final ad):
5. We are looking for a creative and powerful ad. If you are going to show your design in a magazine layout, please put the design on the left page as that is where it is going to be in the magazine.
6. Attached is the main image to be used for the Ad (File name: Main-Image-Airliner.jpg) and should comprise the majority of the ad in impactful way. However, this image will need to be rotated to give the airplane a bank angle of approximately 80 degrees. We are not opposed to the background of the main image being replaced if you feel it might improve the impact of the design. However, we do like the clean presentation of the main image background as well. It will all depend on how the final design is composed.
7. Included are three Support Images (File names: Support-Image...png or jpg). These images are important to clarifying our services but they should be subtle and not dominate the ad at all. However, ALL THREE support images must appear in the Ad.
8. We have also attached BROCHURES for you to better understand our business services.
9. Although we would like this to be complimentary to our current brochure branding, it doesn't need to be an exact match. We would like to integrate some of the green tones as well as use colors that compliment our logo.
10. Our logos have been provided in a variety of EPS formats.
11. The spec-sheet (APS-Ad-Spec-Sheet.pdf) has been attached for this advertisement. The print size with bleed information is contained in the attached file named: ASW-media-print-size-info.png
12. We would like the final design files in InDesign Format.
13. We have included an few sample ads currently in this magazine for review by the designers. The examples (File names: Example-Ad1.png for example) don't necessarily mean we want them copied but they will give you an idea of the ads by other organizations in this venue.