How Chelle Belle started their print or packaging design journey
A handy desk catalog of everyday office essentials. Stationery is such a "girl" thing. We are tired of the old corporate catalogs and want to publish one that the average office girl would just love to look at.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
- The catalog will be published at A6 (105mm w x 150mm h) in gloss paper. Printed in CMYK.
- The book will contain a variety of everyday, "meat & potatoes" office supplies. ie. staplers, pens, folders etc. It is ordinary office supplies for the corporate office, not gucci, gimicky ones.
- This booklet is being used to draw in new customers via letterbox dropping. It is therefore necessary that the cover captures the attention of who's looking at it before it is thrown in the bin without even making it to the office girl.
- Back cover simply needs to be a co-ordinating page when flat. It will simply need area spacing for general coy, ordering info etc. We can take care of that.
- Once we have settled on a cover we will look at the inside layouts directly with you. We will require a quote on this from the winner. We estimate it to be 24pp. All images/text will be supplied in a convenient format.
- Colour scheme open.
- Want it to look like something fun, bright, something where it seems shameful to toss it in the bin, where it is practically a piece of stationery itself.
- Title: Office Essentials
- An editable file in Illustrator or Indesign (CS3 or lower). All links and fonts to be supplied so we can twist and turn it if ever the need be.
- Something they feel they want to open and see that it is useful painfree information inside.
- No flowers or grungy vectors - at the end of the day it is office supplies going into a business environment. Girly but not irrelevant.
- It should be aimed at a receptionist type of person, again girly but not over-feminine if that makes sense. I am sure there is the odd gentleman that purchases too! We wouldnt want him ashamed to keep it in his desk drawer!
- Absolutely NOT BORING and I think stay away from the typical corporate colours, red, navy etc. If you look at any office supplier they are so typically boring.
- Prices are going to be highly competitive so nothing in gold that makes it look expensive.
- Clean design.