Dessen Racing is a SpecE30 racing team competing in the NASA SE region. SpecE30 racers are a mixed group - rednecks to rich kids and everything in between. The main goal of the weekend is to have fun (and win of course). It is a community oriented sport where everyone pitches in when a vehicle breaks down. Drivers race on the weekends at tracks around the Southeast region of the US. It is a hobby for all drivers who have "regular" jobs during the week. Dessen Racing's main sponsor is Sarah Dessen, a New York Times best selling author.
The shirts need to be identifiable and relate to Sarah Dessen's website (http://www.sarahdessen.com) which is the current theme for the cars. She has a new book being released May 2011 which the #118 car's hood will display an image of. We have uploaded photos of the car.
The top 5 designs will be featured on Sarah Dessen's blog to be voted on by her readers (she's got lots and lots!).
These shirts will serve two purposes and therefore have two target audiences (here's where it gets tricky!).
One purpose is to promote the main sponsor, Sarah Dessen. Readers of her books are young adults (young teenager to early twenties) and primarily female.
The second purpose is to hand out at the races to other racers/drivers and spectators/family/friends. Drivers are mainly male ages 30-60 but there family members vary in ages.
Both audiences want something that could be worn on a day to day basis and have a little trendy edge.
1. Colors from http://www.sarahdessen.com
2. Words "SpecE30" as well as any details on the car accurately depicted. Please make sure to not use all caps "SPECE30" as it reads SPECE not SpecE.
3. website stated "http://www.sarahdessen.com"
4. Fun, bold, strong, edgy but family friendly
5. Not "cartoony"
6. The logo will be printed large on the back of a shirt. We would also like to have the logo printed on the front. If the logo is too detailed or would not lend itself to being printed smaller, we may request a simpler version of the logo be designed for the front ("front pocket size").
7. We are ok with skull and crossbones and tattoo inspired designs.
8. Ideally 3-5 colors (for screenprinting) but open to full color designs.
9. No curse words.
10. A little rock n roll.