We are Fruxar Inc. A new kick-ass startup in Silicon Valley, California. We are building college search/comparison engine.
We believe that finding the right college is extremely hard. Regardless if you know what you want to study or not, we want to make this process bullet proof and dead simple. The end goal is to find a school for every person that wants to go to college, making society smarter and to empower America.
If you have any questions. Call me or shoot me an email. I am here to help. Helping you to create an awesome design is my number 1 priority.
Email: founder [at] fruxar [dot] com
Phone: (650) 427-9759
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are targeting: Working Professionals (not high school students)
Age approximately: 25 - 45
Race mix is:
35% are Hispanic
25% are African American
40% are Caucasian
The majority of them lives at the East/West coast (CA, NY) and some in the more southern parts of the U.S..
We need 3 pages for our website. Please see the URLs of our current website (below).
Important to us is:
- It must be easy, dead simple.
- We want to keep the social media integration as is and the login process
- Feel free to get creative with the rest of the site. Do not restrict your creativity by our current design. You can change any picture/colors/text you want.
- The workflow is important to us. In the current prototype we had a hard time highlighting the navigational elements that bring a user from the profile page to the search, the university detail page, the track status page etc. Please make them stand out.
- We will have no ads - so don't reserver space for them
- You can change/shorten the content/text too. If not also o.k.
The goal of the site/prototype is to create a workflow that puts structure in place for the prospective student when he does his research for the right school. There is a profile page that serves as their "research center", almost like a home page. From there he goes to the other places.
- General Homepage that describes what "Top U.S. Colleges" is all about and has a big element that leads into the Profile Page. (we had a very hard time doing this - that's why the homepage is so empty right now)
- Profile Page focuses on 2 things. A.) Explaining new visitors how the research process works and how they can start their first search and B.) it allows existing users to see their research stats, bookmarked schools etc.
- Search Results page. Here want to encourage the user to do one of the following A.) Visit a School, B.) Bookmark a School, C.) Go back and change his search or D.) go back to his profile page. The order is important, meaning we really want everybody to do A.), most people to do B.), some people to do C.) and less people to do D.).
We have created a first prototype with a simple layout/design. The pages that I would like you to focus on are: