Currently in-development, Planitopia will help people discover their perfect place to.... travel to, live, volunteer, study abroad, etc. It is broken down into four major components:
1. Discover (find your perfect place to live - filters, maps, travel guides)
2. Plan (travel bookings, gear, planning wizards)
3. Live (relocation service provider directories, intl. jobs board, real estate)
4. Share (blog, rate & review places, meet other "Planitopians")
Everything you need to complete the full cycle of finding your perfect place to live, preparing to get there, living the dream, and telling everyone about it.
Planitopia will provide a service to anyone who is thinking about traveling or relocating - especially internationally. I would like the logo to have broad appeal... something that would be received equally well by younger website visitors (e.g. college students) and older visitors (baby boomers approaching or in retirement).
UNIQUE & ARTSY - I'm looking for design entries that don't look like every other travel-related website.
I'd like it to be a work of art similar to sites usually designed for photographers and artists.
With that said, it should help build brand identify (Planitopia, HEX colors 003366 and #FF9933, tag line: "Discover Your Utopia"...
Must also concentrate on the "four step cycle" (see four components listed in the overview).
Include the following components:
- Destination of the day (room for a nice picture & description). The main destination of the day image could serve as a new daily homepage background (kind of like how Google changes their logo every day).
- Travel booking engine (e.g. where people tick the button for air, hotel, car, etc. and add their dates like on Orbitz). Pick a good location... I will have this on every page and don't want it to move.
- Featured "Planitopian"
5. Dedicated space for me to sell a single banner ad or use to run a promotional contest.
Lastly... Calls to action! As the landing page I want people to be called to join and engage with the site.