We would need (1) a new Home page design and (2) an inner Events page with left navigation.
Apart from the regular elements in a website like, a logo, main navigation, header, footer, etc... The “Home” page should have the following additional sections to support the following content:
- HTML content slider and a call to action.
- Social media links
- Sections to illustrate roles that our target audience belong to. (people)
- Latest from the blog (title, date, truncated summary, link to article)
- Up and coming events (title, date, link to event)
- Client logo carousel (logos that scroll from left to right)
- Site map in footer, and/or contact, newsletter form
- Main menu to support three levels of drop down navigation
The goal of the “Home” page is to convey an immediate sense of expertise and professional excellence. Then the user should easily find links to content that relates to problems they are trying to solve. The worketc.com site below is a good example.
The inner "Events” page should support two levels of sub-navigation in a left positioned column, and support the following content items in the main content section:
- event photo or illustration
- event title & subtitle
- event date
- event time
- event location + google map
- event description
- pdf download link (ex. an agenda or brochure)
- 3rd party link to register for the event.
The goal of the “Events” page is to serve as a template for other inner pages in addition to event specific content used to promote our events. Social and print marketing will be linked to their respective Event page.