Very skilled design work, brought our ideas to life as I envisioned it, Fantastic responsiveness.
Thank you Cylon!
Best design! Thanks for everything.
- The Goose
great and innovative design and HTML work.
We loved that you were able to able to make a Green design look amazing and clean! You were always extremely fast and easy to work with.
You asked very good questions about the design as well, and those were really helpful when trying to make decisions.
Very Helpful and listened to everything we asked for!
Wouldn't hesitate to work with Ralph one on one
How Overture Project started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Marie-Hélène Paré - The Qualitative Analyst
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
1. Description of myself: I am a 39yrs female, passionate social worker. I previously worked in 15 countries in humanitarian aid. I am now a fulltime international consultant and lecturer in qualitative data analysis. Qualitative analysis is the analysis of non-numerical data such as text, audio and video recording, pictures, and maps to better understand how people experience or understand a social phenomenon.
2. Target audience: I provide in-situ and online consultancy and courses in qualitative data analysis to researchers and graduate students across social sciences. I DO NOT provide services to the private sector; for this reason, your design has to have an academic appeal.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
1) The theme of the website is 'Open the Black Box of Qualitative Data Analysis' and is accompanied by a short explanation of the services (know what the site is about in 7 seconds).
2) Visually speaking we want the website to be designed around multicolours shapes and diagrams like those provided in attachment 'Inspiration.jpeg' below.
3) We want a white or otherwise very pale background with grey fonts. The key webites you should inspire yourself from are those from sallybrooksconsulting and ricardocontreras - see inspirational websites below.
4) Call-to-action should be extremelly subtle, both in content and form.
Home page only. Here are the four goals of the page.
1. Your design has to look international, rigorous and (here is the challenge) subtle. We should instantly know that we are entering an academic website. Generate a rapid intellectual response that appeal to qualitative researchers.
2. To generate such intellectual response from users, it is COMPULSORY that you incorporate a mosaic of the different types of qualitative data in your design - such as the mosaic I am referring about in the bottom section of the indigy website. See the attached ppt file 'Types Qualitative Data' below which contains pictures of each data type. You are welcome to search for other pictures as long as they are academically-inspired.
3. In the bottom section 'Helping you form methodological...' of the website, you should incorporate the five diagrams that illustrate the types of qualitative analysis I teach. You can find the five diagrams as .jpeg in the Attached files section. The ppt show is also there if you want to amend the diagramme's colours.
4. Please follow the structure of the mockups. We are very open to suggestions in terms of layout but it cannot go too far from the content. No plain template will be accepted. No exceptions.
What to avoid
1) Corporate pictures (people in executive suits), cartoonish icons, commercial slogans, or pushy call-to-actions.
2. No superposed pictures with text anywhere in the design
3) Designs with a commercial / marketing aim in mind. We will be very severe on this, so be careful on this part.
4) 3D, too complex, noisy or busy design. Be careful with the colors - no dark colours (blue, grey, brown) in background.
5) NO TEMPLATES. No exceptions. Please follow the structure of the mockups. We are very open to suggestions in terms of layout but it cannot go too far from the content. No plain template will be accepted.
We are really eager to see what you creative minds can do for us. Looking forward to see genuine designs. We would like to incorporate as much as possible of the pictures provided in attachment. We would like to have a logo that resembles the one in the mockup designed as well but feel free to redesign it.