How decisions.com started their web page design journey
We are a new technology startup that has technology for building a 'workflow based' platform as a service. This will allow new 'SAAS' applications to be built and deployed using rich (SILVERLIGHT) technology that are adjustable and customizable.
This site has a dual purpose
- To attract software companies wanting to move traditional applications to a software as a service platform using rich, customizable technology
- To be the base design for the applications that are built on the platform.
The domain name decisions.com can be customized to handle the other uses.
The initial application that we are going to roll out is 'Workflow as a Service' where customers can design their own approval and data entry applications using rich internet technologies. We are going to have a number of prebuilt workflow applications that they can customize or they can build their own right there in the web/ria application.
examples of these processes:
- employee onboarding
- purchase request approval
- putting jobs out to bid
- document routing/approval
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
1. Software companies/Developers
There are a large number of software companies that need to move to an SaaS paradigm but are unable to because
- upfront capital investment in infrastructure
- complexity of the applications are hard to do in HTML
- the base 'plumbing and infrastructure' is time consuming
2. Business users
- End Users
these users want to just sign up and use applications. They are not interested in the platform, but ONLY interested in the functionality. They should be able to see from homepage what applications are available and navigate directly to the application 'sub home page'. Ie, they might need to automate approvals, we want to get them to approval.decisions.com
- Application Administrators
these users need to be aware of the power of the technology that they can use to customize the application.