Amazing work - super quick, and did exactly what I needed!
- Arihant Art
It was a complete pleasure working with these guys again. Seamless co working!
How Paktas99 started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
- Brand name: Frontus.
- Product: manufacturing of classical and antique solid wood cabinet doors and their accessories.
- Positioning: SOLID WOOD. We produce of natural solid wood only. Solid wood products have high quality, luxury and last a lifetime.
- Pricing: top segment.
PURPOSE OF WEBSITE
1. Introduce to products & company (cabinet doors & accessories)
2. Educate (towards the standards and know-how)
- Kitchen manufacturers (cabinet manufacturers) willing to include our products in their kitchen range (aged 40+). More technical and direct to the point (products/price).
- End consumers choosing their dream kitchen (aged 35+). More emotional and towards the imagery, know-how, education on products.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
SIMPLICITY!!! SIMPLICITY!!! SIMPLICITY!!! SIMPLICITY!!!
Also this is a website for LUXURY product.
- WIDTH: 1024 pixels wide, but let’s have the design at ~1010px to leave some whitespace for small screeners.
- HEIGHT: the most important page elements should be visible "above the fold" . The most frequent smallest window height size for us is 768pixels.
- WIREFRAMES. Wireframes are attached. We would like these layouts followed (only layouts). If you have better idea for USABILITY LAYOUT - feel free to do design it. All elements inside wireframes can be styled and redone as you want them styled.
- COLORS: light colors/tones, branding colors (brandbook attached). 2 brand colors + 2 website colors most. White/Light background (with free backgrounds tones to header/footer if needed).
WIREFRAME ATTACHED! Please check!
1. HOMEPAGE. Main focus on the menu and demo image in cycle. The customer has to understand who we are and continue onto his next page of interest.
2. PRODUCT LIST. Main purpose of this page if for the customer to find the product he's looking for and direct him to product page.
3. PRODUCT. Most important page of all. Think through EACH element, consider USABILITY and simplicity. Main purpose is for the customer to understand the product, see the possibility to EASILY customise product and get a price quote for his customised product. See how to structure and position options and their values (suggestions welcome).
4. STATIC TEXT. Static text blocks used for various parts of the website. Style all elements and main structure.
HEADER - one of the most imporant elements of the website as it repeats across all pages. Same for footer.
MENU - menu has to be simple, clean.
Other pages will be designed with the winning designer on 1-to-1.
Promise on quick feedback.
What to avoid
- AVOID: Deviation from this brief!
- AVOID: Terrible USABILITY (Grandmother must read the website)
- AVOID: small/tiny elements for font, graphics, images, blocks.
- AVOID: gradients.
- website will launch under http://www.frontus.lt (lithuanian). Current our website (indicated above) has nothing to do with the new one.
- if you need any translations - don't hesitate. I tried to translate important parts inside wireframes.
- Use lots of whitespace.
- Limit font styles and other text formatting, such as sizes, colors, and so forth on the page.
- Use colors to distinguish visited and unvisited links.
- prefer sharp to round angles (as per logo and product).
- We haven't decided yet if we will be selling of just displaying products on the website, therefore all SHOPPGIN CART related design is optional, i.e. supply version with cart, but might go without.
- If you don't make it in 3 attempts - don't go further.
- questions - don't make assumptions. ASK!
- icons next to titles make sense and make it easier/faster reading.
- think about the grid.
- LOGO contest was on 99designs as well - http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/logo-frontus-244671