We are migrating this site to ZenCart. We need is to add some pizazz to our ZenCart template. The graphics are a LOT boring.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz **LOL**
Note to all designers: Please do not use any of the car images from the dev site slide show in your submissions. To avoid licensing issues, if you use car images in your submissions, please use images with a verifiable source where we can license the image (iStock Fotosearch, Dreamstime, etc) or you many use any of the images here: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/…ow%20Pics/ with the exception of the following images:
DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING IMAGES:
Lastly: The client wanted me to convey to all the designers that he would like see submissions where the banner has less of a "boxy" feel to it.
K Dezines & Custom Rear Seat Delete
About the client:
This company specializes in rear seat delete kits and car audio design & installations. When they started out, their focus was Mustang Rear Seat Delete Kits, but they now have kits for other makes and models.
A rear seat delete kits is designed to allow you to remove your rear sear while keeping a clean, custom look. The kits are designed with removable doors, allowing access to the space created by removing the rear seat. These kits are constructed of either ½” or ¼” MDF board and then covered in your color choice of carpet. Kits can be made to fit specific needs upon special order.
They also offer stereo enclosures which fit the basic rear seat delete kits. The company has been in the stereo business since 1991. They make enclosures to fit 1 10” subwoofer and amplifier, 2 10” subwoofers, or 2 12” subwoofers.
About this project:
Here is the current web site: http://www.customrearseatdelete.com/
We are migrating this site to ZenCart. Here is the development site: http://clients.overthehillweb.com/kdezines/
We have generally set up the placement of Zen-Cart site elements we want included and the sideboxes we will be using. What we need is to add some pizazz to our ZenCart template's graphics with emphasis on the following areas:
- The site banner
- Top & bottom menu background
- Full set of Zen-Cart buttons (we will be using the Captcha mod so the "Re-Draw" button also needs to be included.)
- Sidebox & sidebox headers
- Section headers (ie: Featured Products)
- Overall site background (currently the plain black area)
- Icons to replace the "Home", "Log In/Log Off", "My Account", "Shopping Cart", & "Check Out" text links on top menu. (Please note: "My Account" will not appear until you log in, "Shopping Cart" & "Check Out" links do not appear until you add something to the cart)
- Tweaks to the overall color scheme as needed to support the new graphicsThis is a primarily GRAPHIC DESIGN project.. I DO NOT NEED ZEN CART CODING!!! The graphic elements I have outlined above are enough to achieve my goals. I wanted to be clear that this is for a ZenCart site for those who are familiar with ZenCart's template structure..
Sites in a similar industry:
- http://www.dallasmustang.com These sites are very nice. However, I would very much like to see something that is much hipper, cleaner (some of these sites are a little too cluttered looking IMO), and a more original looking.. So what I need is a boost to our template..
Feel free to ask questions..
Logo elements can be found here: http://clients.overthehillweb.com/k…EZINES.tif
Current version of template (with current overrides) can be found here: http://clients.overthehillweb.com/k…cludes.zip
- Graphics must be professional, clean and free of clutter.
- NOT plain (i.e. flat boxes w/borders and flat headers)
- Banner must incorporate the companies logo and have too much of a "boxy" look
- Would like a design a little on the funky/hip side to bring out the cool factor in the logo. (Nothing too much over the top.. Needs to still maintain a clean, professional look)
- Must be a unique design which relates to the actual business. It is a car related business, but the graphics should reflect that this is a custom audio and interior resto site. (Please look at the current site to get a sense of what they sell)
- ITo avoid licensing issues, i you use car images in your submissions, please use the images from the Photobucket link provided
- Design should be as "Un-Zen Classic" as possible (we are not looking for an unimaginative re-hash of the "Classic" Zen default template)
- Accepted File Formats: PSD (layers intact) / CSS / or the Zen Cart Template
- I DO NOT NEED ZEN CART CODING!!! The graphic elements I have outlined above are enough to achieve my goals.
- NO unimaginative re-hashes of the "Classic" Zen-Cart default template
- NO FLASH!!!
- No checkerboards or racing graphics (This is NOT a racing business)
- NO HACKED ZEN-CART CODE! (Think hacked as in Template Monster type of hacks)