Houseplans.com is the largest online source to buy quality affordable house plans. All our house plans are carefully selected and we also invite award-winning architects and designers from across the country and around the world to create house plans for us.
Houseplans.com is started and run by the former CEO and Chairman of Odwalla (the organic juice company).
We use http://www.bo.lt/app to host our landing pages. If you wish, you can sign up for an account to copy any page on the web and share it or link to it as a landing page.
Most of the visitors come from Texas and other southern states. Californians and New Yorkers (NYC metro area) are also top of the list.
- age 35+
- has disposable income (they are buying a plot of land and building a house on top of it)
- somewhat tech-savy (they are browsing house plans online).
We are putting ads out there with keywords such as "30 feet bungalow" and "2 bedroom one level house plans". When users google those words, they will see our ads and click on the link. They will then come to a landing page (what you are designing) that is tailored to the ad. Thus, the landing page has to be simple and easy to understand its value proposition in just a glance.
Simple, clean landing page design in .psd format using common fonts (e.g. Helvetica, Arial).
The main site: houseplans.com is not the prettiest of site. So for this landing page design, make it more visually pleasing but don't depart too drastically from the main site.
I included 3 possibilities for layout but feel free to take these as examples. I encourage you to explore.
- Clean and simple layout with focus on one main house plan but with the ability to explore more houses plans.
- Easy to understand and locate the CTAs.
- Trust symbols such as verisign. Most people aren't aware of houseplans....how do we make them feel secure on this site and trust it?
Here is a writeup on what a good landing page is: http://unbounce.com/landing-page-ex…age-sucks/