LOOK & FEEL
The owners of the place and employees are friendly, helpful and competent. They offer large variety of upholstery fabrics, curtains etc.
The positive approach and focus on individual needs of customer should somehow be projected in the overall look & feel of the site. Some common characteristics are:
- PERSONAL TOUCH, FRIENDLY - not a big impersonal warehouse
- LARGE VARIETY - (high-quality western upholstery fabrics, curtains, bedcovers etc *in stock*)
- NO Online-Store - rather a catalogue (without prices). From the site people should get enticed to call by phone or visit the shop.
- PLENTY PHOTOS and SAMPLES will be featured on the site to display current models.
- FUNCTIONAL, CLEAN, EASY TO NAVIGATE - (NO drop-down menu items etc)
- FLAT --> I prefer "flat" look, with skillful use of borders, backgrounds and shades. There might be the occasional 3D element, like a button etc, to draw extra attention at key areas.
- WordPress info --> This design will be incorporated into WordPress and will need to be coded as much as possible with CSS in order to make it "light" and quick to load. Therefore, keep CSS limitations in mind.
- NO POP-UP WINDOWS
- Conveys a professional image (not cheesy)
Up to you, but keep in mind a "friendly" and "fabric-like" look.
Sites I consider "Elegant" and "Stylish"
- Optimized for a centered and fixed 1024 x 768 resolution
- Header and Navigation Bar Not too tall (to allow sufficient space for content and pictures above the fold)
- File formats: Prefer a Fireworks PNG, but will accept Adobe PSD
- Home (News/Latest)
- Useful Tips (Blog)
- About Us