Home page is to be simple, easy to read, only a few colors, professional
Key goals are as follows:
- Easily find where to sign into their account
- Search for products (search bar required - zappos did a nice job of highlighting the search bar with a shaded box and search colour that drew you to it given the colour on the rest of the site)
- Use product categories list to find products (horizontal or vertical navigation - it's up to you)
- Easily find how to contact us
- Easily find MSDS ("Material Data Safety Sheets")
- Draw attention to new products
Horizontal Navigation across the top should not be what we have on our site now. Simplify and go with what is best practice. We no longer have Fire Safety Plan Software so ignore that. Maybe just About Us, MSDS, Contact.
Maybe incorporate shuffling pictures that promote products/categories with text like on manilla.com. Each would have a link that is noticeable where they can go to that product page. manilla's is "Try it. It's Free". Ours might be "More Info" (I know...boring).
I have attached a list of our product categories along with some pictures. If you need anything picture wise let me know.
Site footer should be a different colour with the following information:
We're Here to Help
- Contact Info
- Odd Product Sourcing
- Request a Catalogue/New Account
Get to Know Us
- Site Map
- Become a Partner
- Log In/Register