Hyper is a series of youth run events and projects which includes a major all ages music festival with headlining bands, DJs and hip hop artists from across the country, a regional art exhibition of young people's works, and local community projects. Hyper is planned and run by young people, while supported by a local government and a range of business and arts sponsors.
Key features of Hyper are:
Major all ages music festival
Regional art exhibition - featuring graf art, digital art, new stuff
Festival isrun by young people (management team)
Celebrates youth cultures / talents
Supported by local govt and other sponsors
Big, funky, exciting, fun, and on the edge!!
Young people - 11 to 25 yo
Music industry promotions (for bands for the festival events)
Arts / events organisations and sponsors
We want it to be eye-catching. Steer away from squares and corporate looks. Aim more for organic artwork + interesting shapes.
* CONTENT SECTION in the middle of the page will include slide show of images which hyperlink through the site. The slideshow box will be fixed height – ie no content below the slideshow box.
Textured or simple artwork/wallpaper but not to upstage the content; so the eye is drawn to the content rather than background art.
* RIGHT-HAND COLUMN will contain 4 image-links (buttons), to be developed by us.
* LEFT-HAND COLUMN will be a sub-menu w/ text links. The colour and any menu dividers are up to you to design.
* MIDDLE COLUMN is a CONTENT area. This can vary in height, will include images and text - the ‘background’ of the page will expand with text area
BANNER/LOGO - both pages
Banner is to incorporate the existing Hyper logo (attached). This ia a generic banner that sits as a placeholder (no functionality required).
FOOTER - both pages - to include:
* City of Swan LOGO in bottom LH corner
* “Follow us on” ... (& add social networking icons)
* MENU BUTTONS - font to be similar + consistent with Hyper Logo
* POP-OUT MENU doesn’t need design, but note - pop-out menu coming from the buttons.
* We want vibrant colours, but easy to read.
* We DON’T want sharp, super bright / fluro colours.